Friday, May 26, 2006

Have a Great Weekend!

Sorry about the dearth of posts lately. Having a Lyme week and very, very tired and migrainy. Hopefully I'll snap out of it by next week. I have to work Sunday and Monday (you know when cousin Bob gets sick off of the crab salad that was left out too long and gets sunburn and steps on a nail and calls a nurse who's waiting by the phone on Memorial Day? I'm the nurse), so no hopes of a soon recovery, but I'll get there.

Had a scare today with little Syd. She had immunization yesterday and is having the hot red spot on her leg from the DTaP, that is expected. But then today the redness spread considerably. And then the thing that got me anxious was today when she started acting very irritable and then starting wailing and holding the back of her neck and complaining of neck pain. If she had just whined a little and said her neck hurt I would have just monitored her, but the wailing and irritability was very concerning so I took her to her doctor's office and got there just before they closed. By that time she was acting totally normal (so the doctor probably thinks I'm a nut!) and he said her red leg was still within the expected range of an immunization reaction, rather than cellulitis. So I'm very grateful.

We are back home now and at this very moment Sydney is playing the piano like a little mad woman, so I think she'll make it.

So to y'all, have fun, stay safe, and don't eat that salad. Hope you have a great weekend!

5 Comments:

At Saturday, May 27, 2006 7:28:00 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

Um...Hi! I don't know how I never wandered over here from your comments before, but I'm here now! Your girls are adorable :) Hope you get to have a *little* fun this weekend!

 
At Saturday, May 27, 2006 3:11:00 PM, Blogger Sheryle said...

Hey Andrea! Welcome and come on over any 'ol time! Thanks, about the girls, I rather think they are adorable, too. Not biased at all :)
I will no doubt have a LITTLE fun this weekend. But you can make it up for me!

 
At Tuesday, May 30, 2006 7:59:00 AM, Blogger Ginny said...

I'm so glad Sydney is okay! You have plenty on your plate right now. Thanks for working and speaking with all of those people who needed to speak with a kind and caring nurse!
Ginny

 
At Tuesday, May 30, 2006 3:08:00 PM, Blogger lawbrat said...

First, I didnt go anywhere near that salad ;-)

I'm so glad Syd is ok.

What you do is such a blessing- to have you on the other end of the phone is a huge wonderful thing for a person that needs it.

Hugs to you!

 
At Friday, June 23, 2006 7:42:00 AM, Blogger Alexiev said...

great...

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home